Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tworror Contest - Voting

I've decided that this should be put up for a vote on here rather than me choosing the two finalists for Wednesday night's tworror episode. I have narrowed the field a bit, however. I will at random do this several times before the 20th, until we have 10 finalists. Then, you get to choose the winners. The two entries with the most votes in the final round, of which there will be a blog post showing the 10 finalists, win the prizes.

Voting for Round 1 will commence now, until the next blog post. Choose your favorite tworror out of the following tweets, responding by typing their name or the entire tworror entry in the comments section. You can only vote once, therefore anonymous votes will not count. Sorry, but I have to keep track somehow. And no, you cannot vote for yourself.

Go!

WookieStyle her placid eyes, porcelain skin... such beautiful hair.... skin cold to the touch.... preserved forever, my love... never to leave


stina8753 Listen for me, I will wail until your eardrums shatter, and I will return bloody garments as you slip away. I am Banshee.


ericjkrause Killing in darkness came too easy. The dead clown liked everyone to watch his mayhem. Spilled blood became his morning coffee.


LHPlib The banging stopped. It had stopped hours ago. I sipped tea in the dark. I checked my watch. Suffocation was never pretty.


jimsissy The bodies were heavy and they smelled bad. My shovel dug into more red clay. Hard work, but good pay- until the first body moved.


danfaust Warm blood stained her lips and chin. A feral howl pierced the night--her own--as she fell upon her prey


NickCobb A grim look lit her eyes; her fate was death. Hopefully it would come quick, silencing the painful screams from her children.


danfaust The thing turned the boy's head and looked at me through sunken, red-rimmed eyes. It smiled. I fired.


NickCobb A sardonic smile stretched the width of his face as he sheathed the blade in his victim's abdomen, exposing steamy entrails.


ajackwriting Do you know what your shadow does at night? It tells the other shadows where you sleep


Werecat1 I slept, dead to the world, until a firm, slimy grip yanked my ankle from the covers. Screaming & twisting I was dragged into hell.


omewan the killer behind this face / with cravings I must embrace / the forces of life and death / my life becomes your last breath


violetingram I stood over him, staring at the gaping hole in his chest. The beast that fed on my father stood in the corner watching me.


ajackwriting For every thing in the light, there is also a shadow. The shadow waits for you to turn out the light, so it can watch you sleep


Werecat1 His fingers gently plied the paperclip from curves to straight, twirling it around pale knuckles before plunging it into my eye


violetingram The guards found the mutilated corpse and the creature feeding on it after the haunted house was closed for the night.


Werecat1 The new moon casts no light as I walk past the uncovered window. Movement halts me & I turn, seeing the face before glass shatters








And these just made me laugh out loud! (Not up for voting, but felt they needed a mention)


ElwoodJBlues The tweet is coming from inside the house!


omewan From terror he wakes, still shaking. How can the mind create such horror? He looks around & screams..he's really in Mom's basement.


danfaust He was never attracted to girls with brains. Until he died.


omewan The crowd's energy filled the air. She whispered, "you'll never be the same." The lights dimmed.. "It's a small world after all!!"


Werecat1 Soft fur brushed my arm right before the fangs struck. Screaming, I flung my attacker, seeing spider legs slide down the wall.







10 comments:

  1. Much as I want to vote for myself, I have to go with @jimsissy for this one because of the unexpected turn she managed to get in with only 140 characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ajackwriting For every thing in the light, there is also a shadow. The shadow waits for you to turn out the light, so it can watch you sleep

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote the last one (Werecat).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Omewan:
    omewan the killer behind this face / with cravings I must embrace / the forces of life and death / my life becomes your last breath

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also would love to vote for my own but I'll pick NickCobb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for LHPlib! That's one scary line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a tie between jimsissy and LHPlib.

    ReplyDelete